Create an impact on your prospects and existing customers using eco-friendly promo items with these helpful tips.
In this article:
- The Benefits of Environmentally Friendly Products
- Tips to Make an Impact Using Eco-friendly Promotional Items
- Engage Customers in a Social Challenge
- Make Lovable Eco-friendly Promotional Products
- Switch from Virgin to Recycled Materials
- Give Promotional Items That Support Sustainable Behaviour
- Support Local Producers
- Use Eco-friendly Promo Products to Address Your Environmental Concern
- Coordinate with Fundraisers to Help You Distribute Your Eco-friendly Items
- Use Eco-friendly Promotional Items to Build Good Perspective Values for Your Brand
Eco-friendly Promo Items | Tips to Boost Brand Exposure
The Benefits of Environmentally Friendly Products
We are all aware of the global garbage problem. Many companies are already adopting environment-friendly marketing practices primarily because of the following benefits:
- Eco-friendly promo products are usually less expensive than other promotional items because manufacturers use recycled materials to make them.
- The production of these environmentally friendly promo products requires minimal chemical treatment procedures.
- Recycled materials emit fewer pollutants during the production process compared to non-eco-friendly ones.
- These promo products allow you to flex your ethical and environmental conscience because they do not cause harm to humans and the environment.
- These recycled items are durable and strong.
Tips to Make an Impact Using Eco-friendly Promotional Items
1. Engage Customers in a Social Challenge
Social media is a powerful tool to get people involved in social challenges. Use this opportunity to invite your customers to an eco-friendly challenge.
Use your social media pages and rouse your customers’ social conscience. For example, you can post a video or a photo of your team cleaning a coastal area near you and challenge your followers to do the same.
You can reward participants with a special eco-friendly promo item. These eco-gifts allow you to increase your positive brand image through sustainable efforts.
Brand Image Definition: The perception of customers or how they think about a brand, which develops as they experience the company’s products and services.
2. Make Lovable Eco-friendly Promotional Products
Make promo items that people will love. Bear in mind that these items do not only market your brand but also serve as a material possession for your customers.
If people like your promo items because they feel great with it or want others to see them with it, they are more likely to use them often. Over-designing your items with your brand style may discourage users.
3. Switch from Virgin to Recycled Materials
Virgin materials are from undeveloped resources, such as aluminium, copper, zinc, iron, and lead, which are a source of raw materials. Some of these metals are toxic in nature, so they can be dangerous for humans and the planet.
By switching to recycled materials, like mixed papers and bamboo, you can make pens, for example, more noticeable to others than those made of plastic (which many people already have). This increases people’s curiosity about you as the provider of this unique product, and consequently, their interest in your brand.
4. Give Promotional Items That Support Sustainable Behaviour
If you give away reusable eco-friendly promo water bottles, for example, you are encouraging people to opt for more sustainable practices. Aside from that, these items can last longer. People appreciate durable products and will be encouraged to purchase these types of items from you again.
5. Support Local Producers
If you are in a community where there are local producers who do business using recycled materials, support them and utilise their products. This forges a great business relationship between you and the local producers.
On top of that, you can take advantage of affordable materials for your promo items and a potential long-term business partnership with the local producer. These local producers can also do the advertising for you and vice versa.
6. Use Eco-friendly Promo Products to Address Your Environmental Concern
Giving away eco-friendly promo items creates an impression that you are going green. You can even push your advocacy for the betterment of the environment by printing Earth-friendly messages on the giveaways.
This doubles your effort in addressing your environmental advocacy to your market, which builds a positive impression on them, too.
7. Coordinate with Fundraisers to Help You Distribute Your Eco-friendly Items
Fundraisers love to having eco-friendly gifts for their donors, which increases your brand exposure. It also creates an impression on both the organisation and the sponsors that you’re an environmental advocate.
8. Use Eco-friendly Promotional Items to Build Good Perspective Values for Your Brand
A company’s mission and core values reflect its image. Creating a positive brand image is crucial for business success.
If you are giving away eco-friendly promo items, make sure you incorporate your identity. This means you are not only printing your logo or tagline and using your brand colour, but also making sure these items are distinctive among your competitors.
Make your promo items unique and original, improving the trust value of your customers, employees, distributors, and prospects. Observe the latest trends in eco-friendly products and practices (like metal straws and shampoo bars) and jump on those before your competitor does.
Brand identity created by eco-friendly items will serve as a constant message to people about what your company does and can do, aside from your environmental advocacy.
Using eco-friendly promo products may serve as a good example to companies wanting to switch to a more environmentally-friendly marketing campaign. Aside from that, it also allows your brand image and value to increase in the eyes of future and existing customers and even competitors, gaining customer trust, loyalty, and respect from other businesses.
Maximise the use of these environmentally-friendly promotional items now and ace your marketing campaign.
What other tips to make an impact with eco-friendly promotional items? Share with us in the comments section.